Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recent happenings

So I guess one of those New Years Resolutions hasn't exactly worked out so well, but it isn't even February yet... I will not give up! I will blog!

At least the other ones are doing well... I've been pretty good about walking and doing other forms of exercise on a regular basis in preparation for the Mini in May. I have also read my Bible every single day, following a Bible-reading program suggested by Pastor Mark. It's going very well and I'm enjoying my time with the Lord every day! One resolution that I didn't post was a repeat from last year: floss every day. I think since 1/1/09 I have only missed one night! Not bad! I was great last year until our vacation in July and I'm determined to do it the whole year this go-round!

I have so many things to write about, I think about it almost every day.... recent movies I've seen, TV shows, books I'm reading, the election (I have some fierce political views, but am determined to retain my Christian integrity and not be too honest about my feelings about the current president), and still more on grocery shopping and money-saving.

The biggest thing going on in my life recently has been the departure of my sweetie to the UK on business for the past almost-3-weeks. He left on 1/12 and it had to be the worst day of my life. I cried quite literally all day long, most of the week. In the 17 days since he left, I would say that hardly a day goes by when I don't cry at least a little. The first week he was gone I slept with his pillow so that I could pick up the smell of his deodorant, cologne, etc. I'm a little better now, though, but I miss him terribly. I'm not sure I knew how much I loved him until he walked away from us at the airport. I immediately had this hollow feeling in my chest that is still there. Going to church is so hard, I feel like only half of me is actually there.

On the other hand..... this apartment has never been cleaner. Seriously. Not as much laundry, not as many dishes, and I know where everything is, just where I left it the last time! Now don't get me wrong... I would much rather have him here, but at least I can have some good clean fun while he's gone! I've also had time to go out with my girlfriends, and I even had a decent crowd over on Saturday night for a Soup & Slippers party!

But that's about all that has been going on in the past few weeks. Maybe pictures will come later tonight.

Rachel <><

No comments: