Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer is Funner

Yay! It's finally summer! Then again, we have to wear jackets in the evenings, and had highs in the 50s some days last week... but here in Indiana, you gotta take what you get!
We have been super-busy since Mike returned, trying to catch up on 5 months being apart... poor Mike, he just wants to sit home some nights and relax, but I've been dragging him to all sorts of fun things!

Last Friday night we went to an Indians game with my company, who paid for the tickets and a yummy hot-doggy meal. Our seats were kind of cool, very close to the field in foul-ball territory. But hey- it's Victory Field... I'll sit anywhere! We had a good time socializing and watching "the tribe" play a decent game. Oh and Mike got an iPhone last week so he spent a lot of the time playing with his new toy. I would have rather he look out for foul balls to protect me, but whatever. He did protect me one time though. :)

This is us at the Indians game


Alex and Megan with the ball that he caught!

My Megan and Me


Then on Saturday night we went over to Kerry & Glenda's house to celebrate the triple May birthdays! Mike, Uncle Kerry, and Grandpa all have birthdays around the same time, so they always celebrate together. I love going out to their house because it gives me a little taste of the country. We ate some good food, opened presents, ate ice cream cake, started a fire (in the firepit, it's OK) and I got to shoot a gun. Don't ask me what kind, I don't know. I was pretty good!


TARGETS

Checking out Glenda's garden... I want one someday

Mmmm ice cream cake

Happy Birthday!

In other news, my sister Melissa is ENGAGED!! She will become Mrs. Jacob Yellig in September and I could not be more excited. It just kills me that I won't meet this kid until the weekend of the wedding, but that's one of the things you deal with when you don't live near family. But I totally trust Melissa and her instincts and from what she tells me, he is a doll. Mike and I were talking about it the other day, discussing how this year so much is happening, and he made the comment that next year at Christmas, there will be 2 married couples (not including Mom & Dad) at the house! I guess the newlyweds will get Melissa's room and Mike and I will be on the pull-out couch. Haha! Honestly it doesn't matter to me, I'm just so excited that our family is growing and that my dad has some more male companionship!

Well that's just about all that's going on around here. Other than that, I'm staying super-busy working overtime in my normal job and having a ton of fun with Pampered Chef.

Rachel<><






No comments: