Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hello Blogger!

OK so for years I've been with Xanga, and you know... it doesn't have the look that blogger does, and so here we are. Also, xanga didn't work so well with my Mac and I had a hard time uploading pictures. I'd like to keep up with it as often as I can, like I used to so faithfully before Mike and I got married! 

Now for what's been going on with us for
 the last month b/c I've been a little slacking in the posts! The first weekend in May, Mike and I participated in one of Indy's biggest events (no, not the 500), the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon! Well actually, we did the 5K but still... it was fun. I was so sure that I would finish before Mike because I walk a lot more than he does, and I can really haul booty when I get in a race. Usually when we take our walks together, I leav
e him in the dust! When the race started, we were both running, mostly to get ahead of the slow people. I ran for about the first 1/2 mile, but Mike kept going! He ran the whole thing and that stinker actually beat

 me! I couldn't believe it! Of course I'm super-proud of him, but a little shocked that I didn't finish first! Way to go, honey!

Since we participated in the 
5K, we were given free admission to the Indianapolis 500 Opening Day celebration. He has been to the race before, but didn't really enjoy it because it
t was so hot and people were generally stinky and drunk. I've been to the track a few times for the car museum, but this was my first "racing event." I really like Indy, and it's cool to live in a city that is so well-known and famous for something.... racing. And blue eye shadow. And mullets. And homes decked out in loud checkered flag decor. Gotta love it!

Then a few weeks later, my Dad's birthday came and I had the birthday present of all birthday presents in mind.... I was on www.hannity.com (I've been Hannitized!) and noticed that Oliver North (Dad's a big fan) had written a new book, and was coming to Indy to sign copies! So after work one day I went over to the Lifeway Christian store in Castleton and after waiting for only 1 hour, I got the book signed! He was not posing for pictures, so this is the best I could do... cool!

We had a fun memorial day weekend! It was busy, but we had a good time! In the Couts family, 3 birthdays (Uncle Kerry, Grandpa, and Mike) all occur in the same week, so they always celebrate together, and we can usually count on Kerry being at the grill making some de-lish steaks! We went over to Kerry & Glenda's new place in Avon, and it was amazing! They have a nice new house, with a huge deck, a garage, barn, basketball court (1/2) and a huge backyard! We had a great time celebrating the birthdays and enjoying the weather that finally decided to be warm.

Mike and Kerry at the grill

My sweet Brother-in-law Ryan and his wife Laurel... they always make me smile!
Last Friday night was Mike's 36th birthday, and I surprised him with 2 tickets to the Indians game right behind home plate! We had so much fun!

Needless to say, we've been incredibly busy recently, so I'll try to keep up!







1 comment:

Katie said...

Love the new blog! I'm bookmarking it and adding you to my links :)