Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So Happy Together....


Today my parents will celebrate their 30th Wedding Anniversary. Holy cow! My sisters and I consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have been raised in a home with loving parents who never even considered the option of splitting up or getting a divorce. Now I'm sure that from time to time they had their disagreements, and especially after being married for almost a year, I appreciate them even more! So many of our friends growing up had parents going through a divorce, and it was the norm. Sad, but nonetheless somewhat normal. My parents have not only gotten through 30 years of marriage together, but they have gotten this far and they are still so extremely happy! I love it! They worked so hard to raise us in a Christian home and I am incredibly thankful for that. They prayed that my sisters and I would find quality mates who would lead us in our own happy marriages... one down, two to go! They loved us when we were horrible (especially me at 13-14 years old) and when we were adorable (usually Holly). And for all of that, I am eternally grateful! They saved their money so faithfully so my sisters and I could go to college debt-free, all the while tithing 10% to the Lord. They also were able to pay for our beautiful dream wedding. Thank you so much! Maybe I'll be calling you in a few years for financial advice....


My mom has always been someone to whom I can call when I need to vent about something emotional, and there's hardly a question I'm ever scared to ask her. I had to call her last night and ask her how to cook corn on the cob, and she was there for me.

My dad has always been the biggest man in my life. You know that little girl/daddy relationship? We totally have it. And luckily (?) for him, I inherited his sense of humor. As I got older, he would find that I could often beat him to the punch on puns and sarcastic comments so you could say that I learned from the best! And if you were at our wedding last summer and saw the beautiful speech he gave as he gave me away... tears. Thanks Dad!



Mom and Dad, I can't thank you enough for all you have taught me and will continue to teach me. Probably the most valuable thing you taught me is how to have a good marriage by example. I'm so proud of you for meeting this milestone and maybe Mike and I will go ahead and start planning that 50th anniversary party! Look out!



Love you!!!!













1 comment:

The Tomblins said...

Hey!!! How are you?? Congratulations to your parents! I like your new page I should switch to blogspot too! It was interresting to look at your friends pages too, it is suprising to see how many people have babies!! It's crazy! I hope you guys are having a great day! We are actually going to Houston next weekend!