Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What's up with us?

Thanks everyone for listening to me in my post yesterday. It was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders to get all that in writing! I read it over and over and over, debating whether is was post-worthy or not. But then I realized that it is pretty relatable material, and decided to go for it.


Mike and I have been extremely busy over the past month, and I wanted to update everyone on what's been going on.

1) The second weekend of July I went to Chicago for the annual Pampered Chef National Conference. I took the Megabus up there all by myself and it was no big deal! Got to Union Station and hailed a cab to the hotel. I'm a big girl! I had so much fun learning about ways to grow my business and was able to soak up some knowledge from some very "seasoned" consultants! I even sat on the shuttle bus next to one lady who was being honored for $1 million in sales! Wow! Then again she's been at it for 18 years! Here are some pics:



Here I am in the video kitchen at the home office. This is where they do all the instructional recipe videos online! Fun!


Opening session kicked off with song and dance! I was impressed!


And this was one of the most exciting moments! This is me with Doris Christopher, the President and Founder of The Pampered Chef! She started the business in her basement almost 30 years ago as a way to make money and stay home with her kids. Thanks Doris!


"Pampered Chef America!" Haha.


Here's Ashley and I with WAHOO Woman!




On our last night following the Executive Banquet, we got our DANCE on!


And on Saturday morning I was invited to a "first-timer's" breakfast with Doris Frame, who has been in the business 18 years! She is so helpful.


This conference was so much fun and really got me extra-excited about working my business around my crazy work schedule. I left with a camp high! And all the while, my sweetie was here in Indy, probably watching all the GI Joe cartoons he could stand and eating all the McDonalds his body could hold. Life's tough. :) More pictures from the conference can be viewed on my facebook page at www.facebook.com/rachelcouts.


2) Mike came to pick me up in Chicago and we spent the day there. Mike HATES this city b/c of all the traffic and the toll roads. Me, I'm used to it from growing up in Houston. But b/c I was there and he knows I like the city, he came and got me. We spent the day walking around Navy Pier, eating ice cream and some good seafood.


This post is already really long, so I'll only post one pic of the trip. These can also be found on my facebook page.


I hope to keep up a little better. Good luck, huh Rach?





























No comments: