Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January is almost over!

Where has this month gone? Where has the year gone? In the past month we have gone to a wedding, greeted a new baby, had food poisoning, seen a picture of our little baby, watched all our favorite football teams lose, had a million inches of snow, announced the impending arrival of our baby, and done laundry a total of 6 times. Yikes.

First we saw the first ultrasound video/picture of our new baby. That was crazy. To see it squirming around in there, little heart just beating away... it took our breath away, that's for sure. I already posted a picture of our little one. Isn't he/she so cute??? It's still weird b/c I don't feel anything kicking or anything, to understand that there's a little person growing inside of me.
Then we attended the wedding of Scott Penix & Heather Swauger. We have known both of them for several years, and they are truly meant to be. :) About a year ago, I told Mike that we needed to find a nice girl for Scott... but the Lord found one for him! It was such a nice ceremony and really fun reception. I was exhausted pretty much the whole time, but that's OK!


It feels as if it's been snowing non-stop for the whole month.... usually we don't have this much snow by the end of January! I think we've already doubled the average amount of snow so far. I have been extremely thankful for my job (annoying though it may be) that allows me to work from home so that I don't have to bundle up and risk my life just to go to work. I hate Indiana, by the way. We warmed up to freezing yesterday, which was nice. It's funny because there is a discernable difference between 15 degrees and 25 degrees, even though both are far below freezing. Weird. I have to say that the snow is so beautiful if you're inside!

Well, it's been a rough month for our football teams. Colts lost to the Jets in the playoffs, and my Aggies lost to LSU in the Cotton Bowl. Sad month. We'll get 'em next year!

My dear friend Ingrid had a new baby last Friday, the 21st. On Saturday Heather and I went up to visit them in the hospital. Welcome to the world, baby Sasha!

I will spare you pictures of Mike's food poisoning. It's just not pretty. Needless to say, we will be avoiding the Plainfield Chili's for a while....




And due to the incredible lack of laundry, Mike and I are dangerously low on clothes. Fatigue is still getting me down big time! I'm still having a lot of the first trimester blues, except I don't have any throwing-up-type-nausea. I'm just ready for the 2nd trimester where hopefully my energy will be coming back. I'm hungry ALL the time, and so far I have craved apples and Eggo waffles. Could be worse, right?





One thing that has been so fun about this pregnancy so far is sharing it with so many friends. There are 4 girls in our Sunday school class (including myself, but hey- what do you expect from the "Young Marrieds class"?) and 3 of us are due within about 6 weeks of each other. And SO many friends from FB are expecting too. Yep, I drank the water! (which is about all I drink anyway, so...)





That's about it. I'm looking forward to a fun February full of (hopefully) more energy! We also get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time on Feb 2, and I'm going on a fun little weekend trip to Louisville with Pampered Chef girls. AND believe it or not, I'm looking forward to this growing belly!

me at 13 weeks



No comments: