Monday, January 31, 2011

Our weekend

My goodness, that was short. Weekends are always short, when the week seems to drag on forever. What's with that?

These weekends will not be around too much longer before baby comes! I'm trying to keep up with my normal schedule of housework, if you can call it a schedule. I am still not caught up on laundry from our trip to TX for Christmas b/c my energy has been so low.

Saturday, my pregnancy hormones caused me to have a meltdown that resulted in uncontrollable sobbing, just from being so tired. Like even after I talked things over with Mike, I just couldn't stop crying. At all. I have been a little upset with Mike for not taking a lot of the load from me recently, but it's hard to blame him b/c he's been sick too. He coughs SO much that I can't sleep, and since my gag reflex is so sensitive, I have to plug my ears so I don't hear him. This and exhaustion culminated in this meltdown.

Mike talked me off the ledge and took me out on a date to the dollar theater where we saw "Unstoppable" with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. It was a really fun movie that was non-stop action, had us on the edge of our seats the whole time. Fun! And of course I always have and always will love Denzel. After that, some energy came out of nowhere and we spent about 2 hours at Babies R Us looking at the big stuff like cribs, strollers, car seats, etc. We probably won't register for at least another month, so we were just looking and educating ourselves. Mike is funny... he doesn't know what half the baby gadgets are for, so it was fun helping him to understand things. I have a feeling that fatherhood is going to be very very fun to watch.

After Babies R Us, Mike took me to Denny's for dinner and I was completely, utterly exhausted. I was walking slowly, just wanted to be carried. I ordered a belgian waffle because in case I fell asleep while eating, at least my head would rest on something soft. :)

Yesterday was a nice, restful day. After Mike satisifed my Subway sandwich craving, we came home and Mike slept most of the day while I got up and did laundry with my newfound energy. Finally! 2nd tri is here!!! Do a cheer!

Now it's Monday afternoon and Mike came home early. He went to the dr today after throwing up 12 times today. He came home with antibiotics and some meds and is hoping to sleep it off. This sickness started with a cough, then throwing up, then a cough and now both. Here's to hoping that baby and I don't get it!!!

No comments: