Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pregnancy Must-Haves

I have been wanting to make a post like this recently and now I'm finally getting around to it! Here are some of the top products that have made my pregnancy easier and more comfortable so far.








1. The Snoogle Pillow: This has kept me comfortable when sleeping in bed, especially since you're supposed to sleep on your left side, and I almost always roll over on my back... this keeps me supported around my neck, back, between my knees, and even under my belly! I would recommend this to any of my pregnant friends, or really anyone who desires total comfort when sleeping! When I first started using it, I had one of those "where have you been all my life?" moments. The only problem is that it takes up a lot of space on the bed, leaving precious little space for my sweetie.

2. Boppy Pregnancy Wedge: Yes, another pillow. I like to use this when sleeping on the couch (or just laying down anywhere) because it goes right under the belly. Mike kept telling me that I needed it, but I told him it wasn't necessary because I would often just bunch up a blanket and put it under my belly. But he went out one night and bought it, and it's been wonderful. I'm kind of a princess when it comes to my pillows, this is why I love it so much.


3. Good water bottle: I drink more water than a fish, so having a good, sturdy water bottle has been important. I have a Rubbermaid water bottle that I refill constantly. This sounds like a small thing, but always having that water has kept me energized on a number of occasions!


4. Mesh lumbar support: This has been a back-saver for me in the past few weeks as I'm getting more and more uncomfortable in my work chair. I spend what seems like 4,986,235 hours in it each week, so comfort is a must. I bought it at Fry's Electronics for $6.99 and it has more than paid for itself! It could also be one of the reasons for the disappearance of my sciatica... hmmm... It's mesh, too, so it keeps me cool in this super-hot home office.

5. Motherhood Maternity stores: OMG. They have the best clothes! The prices are reasonable, the staff is helpful, and the clothes are comfortable and very cute. Most of what you see me wearing in pictures came from Motherhood. Their prices are reasonable enough that I can buy new clothes when I have outgrown some of my maternity clothes. I didn't know you could outgrow them though!



6. Preggie Pops: These little babies were wonderful when I was in my first trimester, especially weeks 6-10, as I would feel a little green if I went too long without something in my tummy. They are kind of sour, but not too much, and are a good distraction when not feeling so hot.


Well that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure that after the little dude comes, I'll post again, with my "Mommy Must-haves." That will be a fun post!

No comments: