Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Notes of Encouragement

I sit at a desk all day long, and just like everyone, I have good days and bad days. But there are some notes of encouragement, or just symbols that make me happy that are tacked/taped on the bulletin board above my desk. I thought that I'd share them, in hopes that they might encourage you today!

Still I will trust you
Still I will follow
Still I will listen
to your every calling
While the storm rages on
And I can't find my way
Still I will trust you Lord
-Still I Will Trust You by Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir

"Hold on to the promises of God, no matter how long it takes. Because no matter what your situation, God is always faithful."
-Some pastor on Moody Radio

"Happy Wedding Day! I'll be thinking of you. Love you much, Meg."
-note left on my desk from my friend Megan the week before we got married

You are my hiding place
You always fill my heart
With songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
Let the weak say I am strong
In the strength of the Lord
-You Are My Hiding Place by Selah

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin!
-Before the Throne of God Above, one of my faves

"It's only temporary!"
-Courtesy of Grandpa Couts

"This is the day the LORD has made! I will rejoice and be GLAD in it!"

This isn't a note of encouragement, but it brings back good memories: a pink foam cutout of a baseball bat, painted with gold glitter, "GO ASTROS." I made this at Radio Lollipop in 2004 when the Astros were in the playoffs. Good times.

I also have a double helix keychain that I made in the genetics class that I taught at the museum when I lived in Houston.

1 comment:

Mrs. Klink said...

your quotes encouraged me! i wrote a couple of them down and put them on my desk :)