Thursday, May 28, 2009

Update on us

2 posts in one day? Do I have a fever?

Well there isn't much to report on "us," because the manly side of "us" is still out of the country in England on business, and this trip has been 6 weeks. Aaaand we don't know when he's getting back.... we were expecting to see him this weekend or even as late as June 1, but even that's up in the air now due to complications over there with his work. I need my hubby back! I actually have a bit of a hard time imagining what it will be like when he comes home and is here... in the apartment... for real... not just an image on a computer screen via skype. But I'm sure as soon as he and his mess return from England, it will all be back to normal! But I happen to LOVE normal! I hear of all these people going on dates with their husband, and I can hardly remember the last time we did that. Yesterday was the 100th day we have been apart total (not consecutive).

I've had an incredibly stressful week because I'm anxiously awaiting the return of my honey... but on top of that, the internet on my desktop work computer suddenly stopped working on Tuesday, so I've been working in the main office instead of the home office. This is frustrating b/c I don't have all the stuff that I have at home, but it's good to come in and see people I haven't seen in a few months. As it turns out, it may not be the computer's problem, but our modem, so that will involve the cable company, which is never a short process.

On that topic, Saturday marked my 4th anniversary with my company. It's a little hard to believe that I moved here 4 years ago for this same job, and I'm still doing it. 4 years out of college and still at entry level. Yup. I have switched positions in the company several times, but I enjoyed my first role the best. BUT the pay is good, we stay busy, and I'm really really good at it.

Have I ever mentioned that I have the best friends in the world? That post will come soon after Mike returns, whenever that is. They are so wonderful at distracting me and keeping me busy with fun activities to encourage me and help me pass the time.

More info when it becomes available....

No comments: