Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sundays

I don't know if anyone actually reads this blog, but I know that one day I'll be able to look back on this and remember...

But Sundays are the absolute hardest day of the week. I work all week long, waiting for the weekend, do some stuff on Saturday, then dread Sunday morning. I love going to church and seeing my friends, but I feel like half of me is missing without Mike there. I've been skipping Sunday school often because sometimes I just don't feel like being with other people, even though I know it is probably best. I just want to go to the service, then duck out and go home. I want to be with people, but be alone. Weird.

Anybody else been through something like this?

3 comments:

Jessica McCoy said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and love it. I hope you don't mind me following, if so then I can remove it :).

I'm looking for blogs that are positive and inspiring to me and yours definately is!

mrs. smitley said...

I can totally understand where you are coming from Rachel. Brent and I had to tag team on Sundays the first three months of Max's life (preemie)and I too just wanted to sometimes get in and get out. I didn't like going to church by myself (I had done that for 32 years) :)

Looking back, it all went so quickly and the Lord was right there beside me all the way.

Kimberly said...

Rachel, I don't know if you actually remember me but I used to babysit you and your sisters. I used to love come to your home and watch you girls. I have so much fun and you have such a very sweet family. And to answer your question, YES, I read your blog. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I particulary enoyed your political post and even had my husband read since I was so impressed with it. And to let you know, so was he. So, keep blogging ... Kimberly